Monday, October 18, 2010

Helpful technology, unhelpful people

As I have worked in the retail sector for years, I understand the importance of customer service. I went into Best Buy tonight to look at computers, and found my way to the desktops. I found an HP that was on clearance, and looked beneath it to see if there were any in-stock. I saw a different HP with similar features but there was no price. So I waited for a customer service person to come and help me....and waited...and waited. I then decided to grab my phone, log onto bestbuy.com, and search for the computer. I found the price, realized it was too much, and left the store without talking to a person. Someday there will be no need for people to work in retail in a salesperson capacity.

It was faster for me to use the internet on my phone then to talk to a real person.

Someday people won't sell computers at BestBuy anymore. Computers will sell computers at BestBuy. Guess I better learn how to fix computers. Hmmm..now I wonder if they will just make more computers to fix the computers. Oh well. All humans will be gone soon and I won't have to worry about not getting service at BestBuy.

Affirmative. Binary Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1BdQcJ2ZYY&feature=related

1 comment: