Sunday, March 8, 2009

R.I.P. Circuit City

So Circuit City officially went out of business. It really doesn't surprise me, I could have told you it was doomed about 10 years ago. The company was not run well, with poor leadership and upper management. But, as in any company, there are some great people that did work hard and now have unfortunately lost their jobs. That is sad for anyone. Good luck to all of those people, I'm glad I bailed before the ship went down....

But now I want to talk about all of the great people that I spent time with at Circuit. Some of you reading this will know some of these people, and you may not know any. Here's my short tribute to the people I know and love that shared time with me at Circuit.

Regan, Chad, Corey, Coltharp, Canino (hey Kilzie! Not only is she beautiful, but she's smart too!) Carrie, Holly Jo, Todd (Ha!) Dan, Dickey, Dorris, Jen, Janette, Terry, Jennifer, Doug, Amber, Josh, Mike, and so many others I sure I am forgetting. We all had some great times at Circuit and I hope everyone will remember those.

One small story to leave you with. I worked at the Fort Collins store for a little over a year in 1997/1998. A few days before I transferred, I was going to clean the dust off the baler in the back in receiving. I had a bucket with some cleaner/water in it, and a sponge. So the first thing I did was wet the sponge, and write "KILZ" on the side of the baler in large capital letters. Then, I was paged to the front to help load a TV or Fridge or whatever....and I never made it back to the baler to finish the job. The funniest thing about this story is....NO ONE made it to finish the job! It was never cleaned, but a representative from the baler company came in a few weeks later to re-paint it, and painted right over the top of my large "KILZ"! About a year later, I came to the Fort Collins store, and Dan and I went in the back to look at the baler. There on the side, plain as day, was "KILZ." Permanently written in paint. I'm sure that the baler company has reclaimed that baler, and put it back into circulation in another retailer. Funny that my name on the side of a baler lasted longer than Circuit City. I will always love the great memories I made there, as well as the great friends.

R.I.P. Circuit City

1 comment:

  1. I sure am going to miss my open box deals and you suggesting the latest Girls Gone Wild videos to me.

    Man that was fun :)

    ReplyDelete